Saturday, July 14, 2007

My Little Pop Tart. . .

. . . that's what I'm calling my youngest. She's like a pop tart. I put her in her bed, tuck her in with all her necessary items (ten or so books, ten or so stuffed animals, two babies, her blankie, her stash of pacifiers), tell her nighty-night and slowly walk towards the door, making as little noise as possible. Within ten seconds of me walking out the door, she's up, right behind me saying "bed, bed?" This is her way of asking me to get in the bed with her. She also points to the pillow and says "bill? bill?" No, there isn't a strange man named Bill in our lives, but she is indicating that she wants me to lie on the pillow next to her.

She's almost 2 and we switched her to a big-girl bed recently. She had become quite adept at climbing out of her crib. She loves the big-girl bed but, for some reason, she doesn't like being in it alone. It's taking her 2 or 3 HOURS at night to settle down and sleep. I'm really at my wit's end.

Each time I get frustrated and feel like I can take no more, though, I remind myself that this is a season that will pass quickly. How many times in her teen years will she beg me to lie on her "bill?" So maybe I'll just take her up on that request more often. My books, housekeeping, and whatever else I need to do can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment