Tuesday, December 23, 2008

God's amazing creation

So I'm still sitting here, pregnant, nearly six days after thinking I was in active labor.  Interesting how this has all worked-out.  I am being asked to be patient, relax and let go of this impending birth and let my body do its intended thing.  This task has been given to me during a time when our schedule is relaxed, my husband has been off of work, and I have had the luxury to be able to stop everything and just breathe.

God does not make any mistakes.  I am learning so much through this experience.  I nearly threw a party for myself at 3am this morning when the latest type of contractions began.  I realized what people meant when they said that real labor pains will feel much different than those early, pre-labor pains did.  When the pains started it was like an "a-ha" moment.  Granted, they rocked my world for about two hours and then stopped, but at least now I know that things are changing.

I am learning that patience is always rewarded.  If I had delivered her last Wednesday evening she would be nearly a week old.  My pregnancy days would forever be behind me.  Instead I sit here still with butterflies in my stomach in anticipation of one of the three most joyful days of my life. . . the icing on the cake is that I also get to have Christmas at home over the next couple of days.

Life really is wonderful for me right now.  My God has blessed me so richly this year.  My eyes are sleepy, my tummy is downright achy from all the contracting, my mind is quite fuzzy from the lack of sleep. . . but I am so certain that this experience is about more than just bringing our daughter home.  I love how God tucks gifts of growth into even the most potentially frustrating of life's experiences.


1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you getting back on track with this long journey - learning, growing, and finding the positive when it feels seemingly impossible! Amazing how God works most during these times!! Lots of love to you my dear friend! KLB

    ReplyDelete