Saturday, May 12, 2012

reminders

Today my son called me on the phone. First of all, I barely recognized his voice. Then he said, "Hi. How are you doing?" We had just seen each other, so I was a little confused by the formality of the conversation to this point. I was immediately struck, however, with the realization that no matter how long it's been since we've talked - my husband always starts a conversation this way. I am a rusher. I rush around, busy in my mind and on my feet, accomplishing things. Life. I mean, really, there is much to do and little time, people! We must rush and leave the niceties out lest they eat up more of our precious time! Thankfully, I caught myself before rushing him through the conversation. I was coaching flower's soccer game. Boy was with his granddad, for their ritual Saturday morning breakfast out. He wanted to know when I'd be getting to the house. I said soon. We pulled in right behind them. He gave me these:
He is just like his dad. And it was a good reminder of what kind of man I married. And my son makes my heart swell with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment