Tuesday, May 18, 2010

If anybody asks you where you're coming from. . . say love

First of all, we had an excellent dessert tonight that was very easy. My sister bought the groceries (she came with my mom to keep the girls today) and gave me the rundown on how to fix it. It was simple. She gives credit to Sandra Lee of "Semi-Homemade" fame. . .

You take a tortilla or wrap and spread marshmallow creme on it. slice up a few banana pieces, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips. Bake until warmed through and crispy on the outside. Drizzle with store-bought caramel sauce. This was really good - perfect for one of those nights when you are hankering for a dessert but lacking ingredients, time, or the motivation to make and clean up a baking mess!

Tonight, the boy and I were doing our nightly story time. We are reading A Child's History of the World for the third time now. He loves it and is fascinated by the simple stories of history. I have learned a lot, I have to say. This book is high on my recommendation list for sure!

There are days when I am just winded by the waves of life. Somehow, my kids and the wonder they have at their life in front of them (and their appreciation for what is behind them) usually manage to pull me out of the doldrums and back to a place of peace and joy. This too shall pass - ever so quickly. Quick passage of time is good when we are facing unknowns or dire circumstances - but when we have children we must take time to appreciate them in the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment