Friday, September 2, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In August 31

So it's been 2 weeks since my last weekly weigh-in post. Last week it was the first day of school and I didn't have time to weigh that morning. Hating to try to estimate by weighing later in the day, I just decided to stay off the scale until this week. I was pleasantly surprised at this week's number.

Weight on August 17, 2011: 201.5
Today's Weight: 196.5

Lost of 5 pounds in two weeks.

Pretty good. I had been stalled so close to 200 for a while, so I am not surprised to see this much weight drop. I definitely have a pattern with weight loss in regards to my hormonal cycle. I often stall during the two weeks before and during my period, then I drop several pounds almost immediately after.

I have been doing body pump class for the past two weeks. I was afraid that getting back into regular strength training would slow down the loss, but apparently not! I go to body pump class at 5:30 am on Tuesday/Thursday mornings. I must really LOVE that class if I am willing to get up that early consistently. I DO really love that class. I always feel GREAT afterwards, and I truly enjoy pushing myself. I look forward to seeing the definition start showing.

I have to say, too, that Turbo Fire is a GREAT program. The workouts kick butt. What I LOVE about them is that they are great for conditioning -- I can totally see improvement weekly in my endurance -- but my abs are starting to whittle and I haven't done many crunches (until starting body pump I didn't do any crunches). I know it's the moves in the TF kickboxing combos. I love the idea of getting abs without crunches, so I 'll take it! I don't expect to have a 6-pack ever, but having that definition start to show at this weight is really encouraging!

All in all, I would say I have settled into a healthy routine. I make more healthy food choices than not - I have another post in mind about what I have learned about eating so far. I don't even consider going a day without some kind of exercise - even on rest days I do a bike ride with the kids or an easy walk. I drink water pretty much exclusively - occasionally a little tea or coffee.

It feels good to be in this place again. I feel unstoppable.

1 comment: