Friday, August 19, 2011

Scale Obsession

I have an unhealthy obsession and love-hate relationship with my scale. I want to put it away and diligently do once weekly weigh-ins, but for some reason I can't. When the going gets tough food-wise, I like to step on the scale to be reminded of why I need to make good choices. I have a goal and the scale helps me to keep that in focus.

That being said, the daily weigh-ins kill me because simple things can affect the number. Sodium, water intake, the time of day I workout, whether I stand with all my weight on my heels, etc. Rationalizing a number that is higher than yesterday is tiring and I don't need anything in my life that makes me tired.

I don't know what keeps me from just putting the darned thing in the closet until Wednesday weigh-in time. I think I'll go ahead and do that today. I'll keep you posted. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment